HikerWolf is on a mission to introduce you to countless pristine destinations and create the only coolest holidays for you. Break free from the shackles of crowded touristy spots and rather get ready to experience the NEW.
This summer, we bring to you Ladakh the beautiful land of High Passes. It is in the scenic state of Jammu and Kashmir, the Paradise on Earth. It’s time to escape the busy city life and take a deep breath underneath a staggering blue sky. Let the entire Milky Way conspire to shine above you.
We have finally come up with your ‘dream trip’ full of excitement and awe-inspiring adventures. Get ready to experience the magnificent landscapes, snow-capped mountains, monks in maroon in the beautiful monasteries. Then join us on the most awaited trip, while we bring to you, the enchanting Leh-Ladakh!
- We are not just taking you for a vacation from work, but we want you to relieve your stress and take back memories for a lifetime.
- As a family, we wish to stand high on the Shanti Stupa with you capturing the essence of the surrounding beauty of the landscapes.
- Together we will witness the best sunrise and sunsets of our lives besides the golden snow on the mountains.
- You must have experienced gravity pulling your body down, now it’s time to experience the paradise touching your soul.
- Together we will take you close to the Indus Valley and receive blessings at the Spituk monastery.
- We will have a deeper look in the history and also visit the oldest and largest Buddhist monastery, Diskit Monastery in the Nubra Valley of Ladakh.
- How can we forget to gulp down the tasty Prashad offered in Gurudwara Patthar Sahib?
- We will all together get a little patriotic while sightseeing the Hall of Fame and also a museum constructed by our Indian Army.
- Next, let’s get closer to China by the Pangong Lake, the high grassland lake extending from India to China.
- How can we miss out the adventures in store for you? Therefore we are offering you a camping night at Pangong.
- We also won’t miss the Khardung La Pass which connects the capital of Ladakh to the Siachen Glacier which would definitely be a scenic and unforgettable experience.
- Lastly, we not only want you to fall in love with the leisure and monastic side of Ladakh but also ride the double-humped Bactrian Camel at the Hunder Sand dunes against the backdrop of snow-clad mountains during sunset.
- : In the first place after arrival in Leh, we will check-in in Ladakhi Style Hotel. Rest and after that, we will leave for sunset at Shanti Stupa followed by Leh Market.
- : In the morning after breakfast, we will go for the sightseeing on Leh-Kargil Highway proceeding to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib, followed by a drive on the magnetic hill. Consequently, the day ends with a visit to the Spituk monastery.
- : Starting the day with a long drive to the Nubra valley, also reaching the world’s highest motorable road called Khardung La, followed by a short drive to Hunder sand dunes and ride on the double-humped Bactrian camel.
- : Visit the Disket monastery on a hilltop.
- : Another long drive to the spectacular Changthang Valley with sightseeing on the way to Pangong. Then spend the overnight in camps or guesthouses.
- : Explore Pangong and drive back to Leh while watching Himalayan marmots & migrated birds on the way.
- : Head to the Airport for onwards journey.
We warmly welcome you on your arrival to the city of Leh. Our local representative will help you with your check in to the Ladakhi Style Hotel. Take your time to acclimatize yourselves to the arid high altitude of Leh, Ladakh which is 3505m. Later in the evening, we will head towards Shanti Stupa to enjoy the mesmerizing view of the sunset followed by a visit to the Leh Market to explore the handicrafts! Thus the day will end with dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
After having a nice breakfast this morning as we will be driving downstream along the River Indus on Leh-Kargil Highway. Your heart will fill with patriotism when you enjoy the beautiful sight of Hall of Fame, a museum constructed by the Indian Army on your way and proceed further to the Gurudwara Patthar Sahib nestled deep in the Himalayas to receive the blessings of Guru Nanak. After this, another drive will lead us to the Magnetic Hill of Ladakh which defies the law of gravity. The drive further will give us a way through the picturesque landscape of the Confluence of the Indus and Zanskar River. After this, we will head back to Leh en route visiting the Spituk Monastery which was built in the 15th century. The evening will be provided for your personal leisure activities with an overnight stay at the Hotel.
Today, post breakfast, the day starts with a 125km long drive to Nubra, the valley of flowers. After a few hours, we will reach the world’s highest motorable road called Khardung La which is about 18,380 ft. above sea level. The most beautiful view of the Indus Valley and its snow-covered peaks can be enjoyed from here while on the other side of the Pass, the Karakoram mountain range and peaks can be seen.
We will descend down to the beautiful valley after resting at the hotel till evening. Furthermore, the evening has the double-humped Bactrian camel ride in store for you at the Hunder Sand Dunes and a beautiful sunset view. If time permits, we will also visit a village where we can interact with the local people of Ladakh and understand their culture. Consequently, this exciting day ends with an overnight stay at the hotel as we have something more exciting lined up for you.
Do you feel you have visited the most beautiful places in this town? And captured their beauty in your eyes forever? To begin with the day, today is the day of visiting the most picturesque Disket monastery on the hilltop. This is the oldest and also the largest Buddhist monastery in the Nubra Valley. After an overwhelming experience here, next, we will continue our drive towards the main part of the silk route. Thereafter, we will head back to Leh via Khardung La once again. The day will end with a peaceful sleep at the hotel.
Today is the day of our much-awaited adventure! Grab a quick breakfast because we are going on the longest drive of this trip, 154km away to the spectacular Changthang Valley, winding our way over the exhilarating Chang La (5320m); the second highest point of our journey. We will reach Pangong absorbing the purest form of nature that we came across today. But this is not the end, as we have the option for an overnight camp/stay in guesthouse planned for you. Have a great night!
The exploration of Pangong continues as this day begins. The Pangong Lake, which extends from India to China is spread across 125km but is only 4km at its widest. Only a quarter of this lake is in India. Now imagine how close we are to our neighboring country, China! En route, we also come across some Himalayan marmots and migrated birds. Later today, we will head back to Leh with an overnight stay at the hotel.
Lastly, this morning brings you to the end of this beautifully spent 7 days with the HikerWolf family. We are delighted to have you for these few amazing days. We hope that we were also able to deliver the services that we had promised. Now we will head to the airport for onwards journey.
- Return Airfare from Mumbai.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- Breakfast and Dinner are included.
- Assistance upon arrival and departure, welcome with the Ladakhi style tea in the hotel.
- Transportation, sightseeing and overland journey by non-air-conditioned vehicle.
- Wildlife fee.
- Environment fee charges.
- First Aid Medical kit in Cab.
- Oxygen Cylinder is also included in every vehicle.
- Any personal expenses during the trip.
- Monument entries, camera charges, etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Additional cost due to flight cancellation/roadblocks, political unrest, etc.
- The additional cost of a hotel to be borne by the customer in case of road blockage due to snow (En route Nubra and Pangong)
- Anything not included in inclusions
Here is a list of essentials that you will be needing for the trip:
- Dettol/ Savlon
- Headache Medicine
- Dizziness and body pain medicine
- Medicine to suffice lack of oxygen
- Stomach ache medicine
- Sunscreen/ UV protection
- Sunglasses, Cap
- Mustard Oil (for applying in nostrils as it can become dry and painful due to dry and cold winds of Ladakh)
- Lip Balm
- Water/Windproof jacket.
- Nuts etc.
- Woolen Socks
- Light trouser/T-shirt
- Dress in layers as there are sudden fall and rise in temperatures over there.
- Face Wash
- Paper Soap
- Toothbrush and paste
- Wet tissue/Dry tissue
- Government-issued ID-card along with photocopies of it.
- Medical Insurance (if any)
- List of important contacts on a paper in case of phone battery discharge
- The charger of your phone.
- Extra battery for cameras as batteries die quickly in a cold environment.
- Extra memory cards for the camera
- Enough cash as there are long queues at the ATM in Leh.
- Only BSNL post-paid connection works there.
- Torch with extra cells
- Swiss Knife