Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained. Let’s get ready to touch the clouds and hug the wind and see the mountains around you. Prabalgad is located between Matheran and Panvel in Maharashtra, at an elevation of 2,300 feet in the Western Ghats. It was built at the pinnacle of the rocky plateau very close to Matheran. Previously, the fort was known as Muranajan until it was taken over and renamed by the Maratha forces under Shivaji’s rule.
The steps leading up to the fort are cut into the rock of the hill. Adding to its beauty is a rusty village which is halfway up at Prabal Machi and Kalavantin Durg. The village is a masterpiece of nature. So if you are thinking about stealing a day out from your daily hectic routine, then a one day trek to Prabalgad could be the best way to do it.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Height: 2300 ft above sea level
- It’s not just a trek, but a journey which will add the best memories and new friendships.
- It is said if you share your happiness it doubles so we will enjoy every feeling of greenery and peace together
- Who said trekking is just climbing a mountain? We will make it fun with our dance moves with music loud and also ‘thodi shararat’ whenever and wherever we feel like.
- Sharing food while sharing hands we will make this climb the easiest we can, making lifetime relations
Sunday morning we will meet at 7:15 am on Panvel station and move towards the base village-Thakurwadi by local transportation. Once you reach greenery will mesmerize you and make you more excited for the further journey. After reaching the base camp will have a yummy breakfast with feelings of cold air with a hot chai. Post-breakfast we will have a small introduction and instruction session and by 8:30 will begin the trek.
The ascending and descending will be one of the best memories of the trek. By 12:30 we will reach the fort and have time to explore and start descending by 1:00 pm. After Dancing hoping, having our lunch and having all the adventure and fun will end our trek around 5:00 pm. We will be reaching Panvel by 6:30 pm. Its time to say goodbye, we’ll go home with lots of new memories and friends.
- Transport from Panvel station to Thakurwadi and vice versa
- Snacks during the trek
- First Aid
- HikerWolf Expertise
- Transport from home till Panvel station and vice versa
- Mineral water
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
- Trekking Shoes
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2-3 liters)
- 1 Extra Pair of Clothes and Rainwear
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/rucksack
- Personal medications, if any.
- Identity Proof
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes