Standing tall and mighty at an elevation of 12,500 feet, Kedarkantha is a majestic mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand. It is located within Govind Ballabh Wildlife Sanctuary and Govind Ballabh National Park. Kedarkantha trek treats you to an exotic array of flora and fauna all through the trek, whether trekking on snowy winter trails or traversing your way through the glossy green pine forests, Kedarkantha trek is a trekkers delight. If you are seeking a short rendezvous from the mundane routine of city life then Kedarkantha
the trek is bound to soar your spirits.
The legend Kedarkantha trek is rooted in mythology and that’s what makes it more alluring. The place gets its name from “Kedar Khand” which translates to “Section of Lord Shiva”. It is the historical name of this region. Kedarkantha literally translates to Throat of Lord Shiva. Legend has that Lord Shiva once meditated in Kedarkantha and then relocated to Kedarnath.
Duration: 6 days
Length: 20 km
Altitude: 12500 ft
Difficulty Level: Moderate
➡26th Jan ’20
➡16th Feb ’20
➡8th Mar ’20
➡5th Apr ’20
➡24th May ’20
Block your seats at just ₹999/- and pay the rest later
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri From Dehradun (Report at 6:00 am at Dehradun)
Day 2: Start from Sankri to Juda ka Talab
Day 3: Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base Camp
Day 4: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak then descend to Hargaon
Day 5: Hargaon camp to Sankri
Day 6: Sankri to Dehradun (Drop to Dehradun by approx 6:00 pm)
This all-season trek is one of the best and most comfortable treks in India. But the beauty of the trek is at its best in the winter. It is an ideal trek for that it journeys you through a beautiful vista of Himalayan beauty.
The trek begins at Sankri traversing through local trails and dense forests leading you to Saud village and then to the picturesque campsite near Juda Ka Talab. Juda Ka Talab captivates with a beauty so serene that you blink twice to feel if the place really exists. A thicket of mighty oak and tall pine trees with colossal mountains in the background surrounds the glacial lake imparting the look of a protective shield Kedarkantha trek base camp. And the majestic summit treats you to a magical panorama of open highlands, expansive meadows, steep slopes, and lofty mountain ranges.
At the summit, a 360-degree view of mountain peaks sways you off; not just the famous peaks like Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kalanag, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and DhaulaDhar ranges but also hundreds of other untouched and untainted virgin mountains welcome you with a warm embrace. This picture-perfect scene is absolute bliss, each frame looks like a postcard image; it is a sight that stays with you for the lifetime.
- Experienced Trek Leader.
- Supporting staff.
- All meals on scheduled time(Vegetarian and Delicious Only)
- Quality equipment for Trekking (This doesn’t include personal equipment)
- Fully equipped medical kit and safety equipment
- All kinds of permits and camping charges
- Stay in Tent and Homestays
- Any personal expenses like Insurance, laundry, phone calls, beverages
- Travel fare from Dehradun to base Village (Sankri) and back (1950/- per person)
- Mules or Porter’s to carry personal luggage
- Anything not mentioned under inclusions
THINGS TO CARRY:
- Trekking Shoes compulsory
- Personal medicines if any
- Compulsory bedsheets
- Warm clothes
- Sun cap
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Suitable pair of clothes
- Toiletries (sunscreen, moisturizer, light towel, toilet paper, sanitizer, and wet wipes)
- Cutlery (spoon, coffee mug, and lunch box)
- Water bottles
- Plastic covers or bags for wet clothes
WHO ALL CAN GO:
- Newbies can volunteer, should have some interest in trekking and mountaineering.
- The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 30 minutes without stress.
- The climber should be able to carry a 10-15 kg backpack.
- Heart problems, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission.
- The climber must not have the mentioned conditions.