Kaas Plateau also known as the Kaas Pathar is a biodiversity hotspot known for various types of seasonal flowers bloom and numerous species of endemic butterflies. From pretty orchids to the wild and carnivorous Drosera Indica, there are more than 850 species of plants that bloom in Kass during August and September. However, beyond the multicolored views of the plateau, there are amazing places worth exploring near Kass. So get ready exploring every direction of this destination in our 2 days jam-packed trip to Kaas Plateau and Koyna backwaters.
- 26th Sep ’20
Without Transportation: ₹2499/-
With Transportation: ₹4999/-
Pay Rs. 2000/- as the booking amount block your seat. We’ve made it easy to change your travel plans up to 20 days prior to your trip’s departure date. You can choose new dates and/or a new destination or get a full refund without any penalty.
PICK UP POINTS:
10:30 pm- Reporting time at Dadar near Pritam hotel. Departure at 10:45 pm
11:00 pm- Pickup from Amar Mahal junction, Ghatkopar.
11:30 pm- Vashi old Toll Naka
1:10 am- Hinjewadi Chowk, Wakad, Pune
1:25 am- Centurion Hotel, Shivaji Nagar, Pune
1:45 am- Navle Bridge, Pune
Participants joining from Gujarat should reach Dadar 2 hours before the joining time i.e you should reach Dadar by 8:30 PM.
Also, you can board SAURASHTRA EXP(19016) to reach early and join us for the trip.
Day 0: (Friday)
- An Overnight journey to Kaas Plateau
Day 1:( Saturday)
- We should reach early morning around 6:00 am at Kaas Plateau and check-in our stay to freshen up and have breakfast.
- 10:00 am: leave for Kaas Plateau. After exploring the flower beds and Kaas we will come back by 1:00 pm
- 1:00 pm: Lunch
- At approx 3:00 PM, we would reach Koyna backwaters near Bamnoli. Spend some time boating in the backwaters and enjoy the soothing climate.
- After spending some time here we will head to Vajrai waterfalls.
- By late evening we will be back our rooms, have some tea, and have a music party after which we will have dinner, light a bonfire, and end our day with stories and stargazing!
- After having breakfast, we would troop towards Kaas Lake and take the opportunity to surround the serenity and greenery.
- After enjoying this beautiful lake, we will visit Sajjangarh fort and Thoseghar waterfalls and call it a day by starting our return journey towards Mumbai.
- By late evening we will reach Mumbai with a lot of memories and life experience with HikerWolf.
- Transportation from Mumbai – Lonavala- Pune, and back (Private vehicle – entire road transport)
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 lunch
- 1 dinner
- Kaas Plateau entry fees
- 1 Night accommodation
- Boating at Koyna backwaters
- Other sightseeing and internal transportation
- Basic first aid
- HikerWolf expertise
- Lunch and dinner on day 2
- Other personal expenses
- ID Card
- 2 to 3 litres drinking water
- Camera (Optional)
- Energy Powder or Glucon-D powder
- 2 Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin & towel
- Raincoat/ Poncho/ Windcheater (Avoid umbrella)
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Note: Do not carry any valuables. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. We will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance.
For One day trip to Kaas Plateau Click Here
- How many people will be sharing the room?
Answer: The rooms will be on quad sharing basis. For couples we have tents. If you want tents please let us know in the comments while making the payment.
- From where can one join the trip?
Answer: Mumbai – Dadar, Ghatkopar, Vashi
Pune – Hinjewadi Chowk, Wakad; Centurion Hotel Shivaji Nagar; Navle Bridge
You can also reach by your own vehicle.
- Where is Kaas Plateau located & what is the mode of transportation?
Answer: Kaas plateau is on the outskirts of Satara district (Mumbai-280 km & Pune 140 km). We’ll be travelling by overnight by non-AC push back bus or via private vehicle, starting from Mumbai.
- Can children and senior citizens join this tour?
Answer: Eco-Tours are open for all the age groups. As we are outdoors and have a long trail to walk on the plateau; infants & physically unfit travellers are not allowed on this tour for health & convenience concern.
- What is the child policy for the tour?
Answer: If the child needs an extra seat on the bus, and extra meals then the child is considered as an adult. Get in touch with us for more details on Child policy
- When will I get tour details of Kaas Plateau?
Answer: Usually, the final tour details such as things to carry, contact details of leaders, meeting details, and Do’s & don’ts will be communicated via WhatsApp within 1 or 2 days prior to the trip.
- What is a Group discount policy?
Answer: The group discount of Rs.150/- applicable on a minimum group of 5 travellers.
- At what time we will reach back to Mumbai?
Answer: We will normally reach by 9-10 PM (Traffic may affect arrival).
- Can I directly meet you at Kaas Plateau?
Answer: Yes but it depends on case to case. As it is in a remote location, there are connectivity issues and network issues as well.